Worship

Worship

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Praying for Ardmore.

Hey Team! I wanted to share something I read in the book of Jeremiah today. It comes from chapter 29 starting in verse 4.

(4)This is what the Lord of Heaven's Armies, the God of Israel, says to all the captives he has exiled to Babylon from Jerusalem: (5) "Build homes, and plan to stay. Plant Gardens, and eat the food they produce. (6) Marry and have children. Then find spouses for them so that you may have many grandchildren. Multiply! Do not dwindle away! (7) And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare." 


I wanted us to realize How God was telling his people to pray for the city they were in. For it to prosper and be successful . I think as a team we should do the same thing. Lets pray for Ardmore America. Lets pray peoples hearts will be changed and they will seek our God Whether it be at HOP or a different Godly centered Church. Lets pray that we can Glorify God in and out of the church and be true doers of Gods word.

We know that God always keeps his promises and fills needs in his timing. I want us to now look at Verses 10-13. (10) This is what the Lord says: "You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. (11) For I know the plans I the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (12) In those days when you pray, I will listen. (13) If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."

Here I see something very important. God asked his people to pray earlier and then he says in verse 10, Then I'll answer you 70 YEARS later! So as we pray let us not grow weary. I do believe God is going to use our ministry to do great things so like it says lets pray for our city and our church to prosper and keep praying even when we may not see the results, even if it takes 70 years.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring, challenging and encouraging, Collin. I think it is so important we pray for our community as a group, and I'm so glad God has put this on your heart. And what a reminder to not give up, even if it does take 70 years (but let's hope it doesn't :))

    I am blown away by where God is leading us as a group, it is truly the beginnings of answers to prayers I've prayed for years for the worship team. So cool to see it happen before my eyes.

    ReplyDelete